Jan Børjesson’s primary practice area is tax law, including especially ownership transfer, reorganisation and conducting tax cases before the authorities and the courts. Furthermore, Jan is involved in company law, including especially reorganisation, mergers and acquisitions and litigation as well as arbitration, and he also regularly appears before the courts, including the Supreme Court and the High Courts. In addition, Jan regularly acts as an arbitrator and he has completed the education programme for arbitrators operated by the Danish Bar and Law Society.
Jan has been appointed by the Danish Ministry of Justice as public counsel for the defendant to conduct cases before the Supreme Court for parties qualifying for free legal aid.
Before the Supreme Court, Jan has conducted a number of tax and other cases of general public importance.
- The Danish Lawyers’ Tax Law Association
- The International Fiscal Association (IFA)
- The Danish Branch of the International Fiscal Association
- Højesteretsskranken (a Danish association of experienced supreme court litigators)
- Landsforeningen af Beskikkede Advokater (the Danish association of court-assigned counsels)
Right of audience before the Danish Supreme Court