Karsten Pedersen is primarily engaged in M&A and advises a large number of Danish and foreign private equity funds and industrial enterprises in connection with Danish and international business transactions and investments, including in respect of the structuring of transactions, strategic considerations, performance of due diligence, mergers and demergers, the establishment of joint ventures and the drafting and negotiation of transaction documentation, etc.
In addition to his activities within M&A, Karsten advises a large number of regular clients on general issues of commercial and company law, including shareholder relations, the drafting of commercial contracts as well as handling of commercial relations and financing, etc.
Finally, Karsten provides advice within capital market law, including in relation to the acquisition and delisting of listed enterprises, the raising of capital, initial public offerings (IPOs) and private placements and in relation to ongoing board duties (disclosure requirements and corporate governance).
Since 2010, Karsten has ranked high on the top 10 list of most active M&A lawyers in Denmark.
Karsten is a frequent lecturer within his specialities and has, for many years, taught courses to colleagues on M&A disciplines through JUC (a Danish Legal Education Centre).
Most recently, Karsten has acted for among others:
- Bensimon Rossing (Henrik Rossing and Sophie Rossing) in connection with the sale of shares in Fitness World to PureGym
- BWB Partners with the sale of the iMPREG Group (“iMPREG”) to FSN Capital
- BWB Partners with the sale of SSG Group
- REKOM Group in connection with the acquisition of 18 restaurants
- Adelis Equity Partners in connection with the acquisition of IT Relation, Front-data and DSI-Next
- BWB Partners in connection with the sale of Qubiqa Logistics to Körber
- Sonova in connection with the acquisition of AudioNova
- The owners of Fitness World as regards the sale to FSN Capital
- The owners of e-conomic as regards the sale to HgCapital
- Lauritz.com in connection with an IPO
- Travelmarket and Athena IT in connection with delisting
- NewCap Holding in connection with the acquisition of Cerberus AB
- PKA and Sampension in connection with the acquisition of shareholdings in DEAS and the subsequent delisting and compulsory redemption
- Nordic Capital in connection with the acquisition of the majority interest in EG and the subsequent delisting
- Danelec Marine in connection with the sale to Verdane Capital
- Kemp & Lauritzen in connection with the acquisition of the Danish technical and electrical contractor Lindpro from MT Højgaard
- GRAS Sound & Vibration in connection with the sale to Battery Ventures
"He is tactical, has impeccable business ethics, a good business understanding, good coaching and scenario investigation, very sharp and competent, timely and accessible.” “Karsten was usually spot-on with his comments and suggestions. His analytical skills and focus certainly helped making the legal part of this deal a success.” “Karsten is incredibly technical and detailed.”
Karsten Pedersen is also designated as a "highly regarded leading lawyer" by IFLR.
“‘Solution-oriented’ Karsten Pedersen delivers ‘agile, round-the-clock advice’.” “… the ‘skilled, experienced’ Karsten Pedersen …”
Karsten Pedersen receives praise from satisfied clients for his hard work and detailed approach. Sources add: ”He's easy to work with.“ and ”He is technically very good, skilled and efficient, very business-minded and good at solving complex legal issues” and “…diligent and hard-working.”